Friday, October 17, 2014

#My500Words Challenge Day 8: Make A List

The Challenge

Make a List

The 500 Words

You know making lists is something I’m good at; I love it in fact. So, today’s challenge should be relatively easy. However, I can’t really decide what to make a list about. Being the planner that I am, I guess it would be perfectly appropriate to write a list that paint a picture of the life plan I would like to see play out.

In the Next Three Years:

Get a Graduate Degree
I always knew that whatever I ended up doing with my life, I would need a Master’s Degree to make it happen. I had originally thought it would be one program in particular, but life didn’t work out that way. Instead of getting an Med in Educational Leadership & Policy at the University of Utah, I am pursuing an MA in Community Leadership at Westminster College.

Secure Employment in Administration and/or Advising
I have learned in the last year that I have two loves, helping people, and keeping things run smoothly. I always dreamed of becoming and Academic Advisor, but then I found out how good I am in an Administration role. Honestly, I can’t decide which I’d rather do, something I love or something that I know I’m good at. I guess the more time I spend in higher education, the more I will understand where I’m supposed to be.

Pay Off My Car Loan
I love my car; I’m very vocal about #ChevySheldon. He should be paid off by my 26th birthday next year. This step is important because of the next list item.


In the Next Five Years:

Buy a Condo/Townhouse
After my car is paid off, I will financially be in a place to buy my own home. I will be able to create a home for myself. Just thinking about that is exciting.

Get a Dog and/or a Cat
I really want my own pet. It will be the start of my own little family.


In the Next Fifteen Years:

Become the Head of a Community Organization that means something to me
I would love to be an active participant for something that is special to me. Although I wonder how many educational groups fit into this category; I would really like to be the head of the school board or on the alumni board for any of my colleges. I’m still not sure on this one.


I’ll be perfectly honest and say that this is merely a guideline for what I would like to accomplish by the time I am 40. But there are so many things I can’t put on this list because I cannot plan a timeframe for them. Such as when I will get married, when I will have babies, how many babies I actually want to have, when and if I want to get my PhD, etc etc.


Like I said, I can’t plan for everything. But every year, I get older and I wonder just how things will play out. Hopefully they do play out, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment