Friday, October 3, 2014

Reflective Best Self: Leadership Poem

For my final project in my MBA class, I had to ask my community members about my leadership skills, analyze my data, and produce a research project. Part of the project included an artistic portrait of my findings; naturally, I could've done many things, but I chose to write something because let's be honest, writing is not work for me.

Anyway, here we go!

I am a Superhero by Lindsey Larsen


I’m a superhero.
Part of me knows it,
but then there’s that part
that’s afraid to show it.

It’s like there’s two of me;
the one who saves the world, without the credit,
Who wants to be appreciated
by the one who runs it.

I do what I think is mostly right;
as I write my daily list for task attention,
I say “let’s do this and let’s do that;”
I guess it adds to my dimension.

My self-confidence?
Yes, I’ve got it, can’t you tell?
It derives from personal expectations,
but I don’t have enough to sell.

I’m good with numbers, and also with art;
I’m not one to lack ambition.
I do so much, I can’t sit back
to show that I’m a first edition.

I’m definitely observant,
I think I notice everything.
I catch the details left and right,
you need this strength on your super team.

Being engaged is my second nature;
if I say it’s so then so it shall be,
if I want to do it, what’s in my way?
I’m not only the dreamer, I want to be the dream.

Optimism must be my third;
If I can do, then you can too!
Do your best and see what comes next,
after all, what else can you do?

But like every hero, sometimes I fail;
and every few months, I question my path.
I’m sometimes uncertain about what to do next;
is this where I’m going or can I go back?

But tenacity should be my middle name;
I have to bounce back when times get tough.
People say that I stick it out,
and the harder I try pays off more than enough.

Nobody’s perfect, you’re right about that.
But I’ll admit when I’m wrong, ‘cause I’m not always right.
But if it’s something that matters, then I always fight.

When I am inspired, stay out of my way.
Some see me as an unstoppable force,
creativity comes easy to me
if they want ideas then I am the source.

I’m not the leader;
I work hard and do my best,
I’m happy to follow
with all of the rest.

But I save the world;
and I can’t look at it as something to fear, oh
because I run the world too,
that makes me a hero.


No comments:

Post a Comment